Football fans assemble! Whether you are cheering on the Denver Broncos or Carolina Panthers, or simply watching the cool commercials (don’t forget the Puppy Bowl with the Kitten Halftime show!), you’ll need the perfect place to meet your friends on February 7th for armchair quarterbacking and fun. In addition to great suds and atmosphere, these Arlington bars have delicious gameday specialty items and tons of TVs that will tackle your tastebuds and help you get your cheer on. Here are some standouts:
- The Original Irish Nacho at J Gilligan’s – Melty cheese, fresh potatoes, crispy bacon, spicy jalapenos…is everyone paying attention? Not only is J. Gilligan’s Bar & Grill the home of the original Irish Nachos, they also have fresh-ground burgers, chicken fried steak, hot and cold sandwiches, piled-high nachos and more. They also have a children’s menu and a game room for the kiddies and 16 TVs for your viewing pleasure.
- Big Tex from Twisted Root Burger Company at Hooligans - Hooligans Pub is one of the oldest Irish Pubs in Arlington and serves up cocktails, wine and 25 draft beers on tap, plus more than 80 bottle varieties. Get a table next to the fireplace for gourmet burgers from Twisted Root (next door). “Big Tex,” topped with Cheddar cheese, guacamole, fried onion strings and chipotle sauce, is tall on flavor. You can opt for beef, turkey and even interesting game meats like gator, kangaroo and elk. Sorry no panther or bronco meats! With four big screens downstairs and one upstairs, get there early to claim your spot.
- Team Platter at Boston's – This unstoppable line-up at Boston’s Restaurant & Sport Bar features Classic Pepperoni Pizza, Cactus Cuts, Pickles & Peppers, Pepperoni Stuffed Twist Bread, and buffalo wings tossed in your favorite flavor. If that isn’t a touchdown, opt for one of 18 gourmet pizza varieties. Boston's offers a contemporary, sit-down family dining atmosphere alongside a separate sports bar, so it offers a fun backdrop for families and sports enthusiasts alike. In the dining area alone there are four TVs and plenty of viewing space in the bar.
- Watermelon or Coconut Coronaritas at Dave & Busters – They’re fruity…so they count as gameday grub, right? Well they should! Enjoy these creative cocktails for yourself along with a full service bar and kitchen. How about Pretzel Dogs, Loaded Tater Tots, Surf & Turf, or my personal fave…mini cheeseburgers on Hawaiian rolls. And how can you forget about the Dave & Busters Million Dollar Midway with hundreds of games to keep the little ones occupied. Meanwhile, you can enjoy massive TVs and stadium sound without any penalty calls.
- The Angry Rooster at BoomerJack’s - The Incredible Hulk himself would surely order the Angry Rooster! Savor a juicy beef patty covered in pepper jack cheese, a fried egg and BoomerJack’s secret Sriracha sauce. BoomerJack’s Grill & Bar has two locations in Arlington; one in Lincoln Square and the other in Arlington Highlands. Both location offer the Angry Rooster burger, Super Bowl Nachos, quesadillas, wings (with gluten free sauces) and more. Plus, they have tons of TVs lining the walls. There isn’t a bad seat in the house!
- Juicy Lucy Bacon Burger at Humperdinks – Why travel to Minneapolis for the legendary melted cheese-stuffed burger (and American original) when you can find it right here in the American Dream City! Located across from Six Flags Over Texas, Humperdinks Restaurant & Brewpub is always a gameday touchdown. Be sure and grab a booth early, because they will be hopping with plenty of in-house craft beers, including German and seasonal beers. The Texas Blonde is the 2015 GOLD MEDAL WINNER - Best Little Brewfest In Texas. Plus, they have plenty of TVs!
- Artisan Flat Bread Pizza at Alley Cats – Put on your game face and get to Alley Cats Entertainment Center for 40,000 sf of bowling, arcade, laser tag, billiards, rock climbing and more. Their Super BOWLing Sunday will be epic with family-friendly party packages starting at $14.99 PP. Their VIP package, $49 PP, includes private lanes, food, unlimited soft drinks, Game viewing, door prizes, a drawing for a 50 inch TV and more. Their Artisan Flat Bread Pizza boasts alfredo sauce, spinach, roasted artichokes, mushrooms, and roasted red bell peppers is even tastier with a beer from their full service bar. Plus, they have possibly the biggest TVs in Arlington aside from AT&T Stadium.