Resources for Small Businesses and Employees
The Arlington Convention & Visitors Bureau recognizes how important small businesses and the hospitality industry are to the community and economy. We have collected some resource information that you may find helpful in this challenging business environment. We will update this webpage as more resource information becomes available.
Small Business Resources
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act:
- Overview: This quick guide covers the following issues that small business owners are currently facing. Such as capital to cover the cost of retaining employees, a quick infusion of a smaller amount of cash to cover you right now, easing fears about keeping up with payments on your current/potential loans and the need for free counseling to help navigate this uncertain economic time.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has included the entire state of Texas in its Economic Injury Disaster Declaration and granted access to its Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program, which will provide long-term, low-interest loans to qualifying businesses across the state. All small businesses who believe they may be eligible for an SBA EIDL should visit the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) website. They will be directed to the SBA website where they can apply for assistance.
- Additional SBA Loan Options: SBA has developed Lender Match, a free online referral tool that connects small businesses with participating SBA-approved lenders within 48 hours. SBA also has an in depth list of resources and information.
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program: Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where they operate.
- Federal Tax Assistance: The Internal Revenue Service has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Sales Tax Permits: The State of Texas Comptroller’s office, strongly encourages you to use their online tools, tutorials and other resources for tax services and establish 24/7 account access on Webfile. To see what other services they offer online, visit their Virtual Field Office.
- Forbes: Forbes has an ongoing list of resources.
- Counseling: The U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) can assist small businesses with accessing federal resources and navigating their own preparedness plans. SBA works with local partners to counsel, mentor and train small businesses. Based in Fort Worth, resource partners such as SCORE and the Tarrant Small Business Development Center provide free counseling services and have satellite locations in Arlington. You can call their office for more information.
- The City of Arlington: The City of Arlington has a list of resources for businesses.
Service Industry Workers Resources
US Department of Labor: https://www.dol.gov/coronavirus
- Texas Work Force Commission: The TWC has resources for Job Seekers and Employers, including information on applying for Unemployment Benefits.
- The U.S. Bartenders Guild: You can submit an application for the Bartender Emergency Assistance Program. If interested, you can donate to the organization.
- Southern Smoke is a non-profit committed to supporting the food and beverage community. If you are employed by, own, or are a supplier to a restaurant or bar, you may qualify for charitable assistance. If interested, you can donate to the organization.
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation: The nonprofit established the Restaurant Workers COVID-19 Crisis Relief Fund.
- Heard That Foundation: The hospitality community charity is sharing opportunities on their Facebook page.
- Arlington ISD: Arlington Independent School District is offering one lunch meal and one breakfast meal daily for any child age 18 or younger. Pick up times and locations here.
- North Texas Food Bank: You can contact the North Texas Food Bank for food assistance.
- Job boards:
- Companies hiring: Many grocery stores are hiring to keep up with the influx of shoppers.
- Kroger: https://jobs.kroger.com
- Walmart: https://careers.walmart.com
- Fiesta: https://www.fiestamart.com/careers
- H-E-B: https://careers.heb.com
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.jobs/en
- Tom Thumb: https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/tom-thumb-careers
- Albertsons: https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers