- 201 W. Main St., Arlington, TX 76010 Visit Website
- Dates: May 29, 2021 - September 5, 2021
- Categories: Art / Theater, Family Fun, Exhibition
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Arlington Museum of Art
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: $15 for adults, $10 for students and seniors.
30 Americans showcases works by 30 emerging and established African American artists of the last three decades.
This acclaimed exhibition focuses on issues of race, sexuality, gender and historical identity in contemporary culture while exploring the powerful influence of artistic legacy and community across generations. The exhibit includes works by Jean-Michel Basquiat, Mickalene Thomas, Kara Walker, Carrie Mae Weems, and Kehinde Wiley. The exhibition features works from a variety of mediums including painting, sculpture, photography, video, and installation. While some works probe the notion of racial and social difference in a candid manner, others evoke universal concepts and emotions using a sophisticated blend of visual beauty, humor, and irony.