Heroes Park is a tribute to the City of Arlington’s Police and Fire Departments, commemorating those fallen in the line of duty. It includes a Remembrance Courtyard, Stream of Life, Fallen Heroes Virtue Stone, Wall of Honor and Donor Paver Area. Proudly marking a quiet area that sits down the road from the Arlington Police Department’s West Station and the City’s Fire Training Center, Heroes’ Park is a tribute to Arlington’s public safety officers who have fallen in the line of duty. The tree-lined walkway that features a donor paver area leads to the Stream of Life, which is a fountain that trickles water into a pool in front of the “We Remember” Wall of Honor. The white stone wall bears the names of public servants killed in Arlington in the line of duty since 1930, when Officer James Evans Johnson was fatally shot while conducting an investigation. Besides Johnson, nine others have made the ultimate sacrifice while serving the citizens of Arlington: Champ C. Barnes Sr., Gary D. Harl, Ronald B. Snow, Ronnie M. McAndrew, Jerry J. Crocker, Terry Lynn Lewis, Craig Michael Hanking, Joseph Thomas Cushman, and Richard G. Hosford Jr. Heroes' Park was dedicated on May 17, 2008.