From the moment you step foot on one of our meticulously refurbished train cars your entire party will feel like you’ve been transported to a simpler, more leisurely time before all the distractions and annoyances of our modern world. Breathe deep, order a drink and relax as you glide along on a four-hour, 25 mile journey through the Piney Woods of East Texas while still enjoying modern creature comforts like climate control, comfortable seating and thoughtful decor.
- Hours Saturday: varies
- ADA Compliant:
- Facility Type: Attraction
- Group Rates:
- Hours Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hours Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hours Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hours Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hours Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hours Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hours Sunday: Varies
- Parking: Free
- Restaurant on premises:
- Description This historic railroad offers steam train excursions that travel 25 miles through the scenic piney woods and hardwood creek bottoms of East Texas amidst a backdrop of rolling hills, nature and wildlife. Passengers will have time to savor both the Rusk and Palestine depots which have upscale gift shops and historical story boards. The railroad has a beautiful park at each end of the excursion route. The Rusk depot has a vintage movie theater and overnight camping accommodations offer an experience few can boast – watching a locomotive engine run right through the campground.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Reception Capacity 75
- Space Notes Amenities Include:Historic Chapel, Lakeside Pavilion, Clubhouse, Full-Service Campground, 15-Acre Fishing Lake, Historic Depots, Historic Train With Scheduled Excursions.
- Banquet Capacity 75