Part Time Reception & Visitor Services Specialist
To Apply: Send your resume to HR at email@example.com with subject line Part Time Reception & Visitor Services Specialist
The Part Time Reception & Visitor Services Specialist (PT) will provide reception desk services as well as operational and logistical support at the Arlington Convention & Visitors Bureau office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following; compliance with employee handbook. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide quality and efficient customer service
- Answer main telephone line, open main doors, screen, and announce visitors,
- Accept packages and mail, manage requests for information from visitors
- Direct calls to staff after filtering all routine and non-routine questions/requests, using efficient and accurate resources.
- Maintain knowledge of the Arlington Convention & Visitors Bureau and the City of Arlington.
- Consistently record visitor traffic (including origin), and perform other tracking as directed.
- Receive, organize, and distribute visitor materials as requested.
- Check conference and board rooms during shift to ensure they are clean and ready for meetings.
- Maintain the reception area in a clean, organized, and professional manner.
- Follow/maintain operating, cleanliness and safety standards at all times.
- Assist with projects as assigned.
- Commit to fostering the ACVB TEAM first environment and our culture, by following our core values: we own it (commitment), we lead (Strategic), we win (Results-Driven) and we celebrate (Passionate).
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position.
COMPUTER RELATED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Proficient technology application skills; MS Outlook and Web skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma is required. Minimum one (1) year experience in the retail/service industry handling large volumes of people required; inventory management experience is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a customer facing environment and able to interact with the general public.
- Effective communication skills, including written and oral English language proficiency.
- Detail-oriented, reliable, flexible, and responsive.