PR and Digital Media Specialist
To Apply: Send your resume to HR at email@example.com with subject line PR & Digital Media Specialist Employment
Under direction of the VP of Marketing and PR will coordinate traditional public and media relations, as well as social media, including managing social media monitoring and reporting. Frequent collaboration with marketing, web, tourism, partnerships, sales, sports and convention services is vital when necessary, as well as, developing content for posting on all designated social media outlets monitoring online competitor presences/perceptions and keeping Arlington relevant. The specialist must have excellent communication skills and writing, demonstrate continued creativity, and understand the critical importance of attending to the smallest of details. This position should be filled by a self-starter with meticulous organization, time management, and creative skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following; compliance with employee handbook also required. Other duties may be assigned. This job requires work outside of the normal 9-6 range of the bureau, and some weekends.
Creative, technical and PR writing, including media materials, key messaging, creative blog posts including but not limited to: event and cultural commentary and narrating and internal communications materials, newsletters and more.
- Develops and implements digital communications strategies, identifying which digital media platforms and approaches are most appropriate and effective to communicate strategic messages to targeted audiences.
- Supervision of freelance contract employees on new and on-going projects
- Oversee day-to-day social media: basic community and content management, which includes managing posts/status updates, fostering dialogue, answering questions or comments, monitoring trends, advising on potential opportunities and resolving issues.
- Creation and management of social media assets including photography and video content for relevant posting and social storytelling as it relates to sales, services, sports, life sciences, diversity and group tour divisions
- Media relations: create and maintain media and influencer lists; write media materials; draft media pitches; pitch media; coordinate media interviews; track media coverage and create monthly media coverage reports
- Advocates for the CVB in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Content development: identify news and other story angles; write engaging and creative topics for editorial calendars, annual content calendars and other social media efforts
- Assists with portions of the Radio/TV Network with station personnel, publicity directives, promotional timelines, marketing partners and contest winners
- Conduct research by monitoring emerging social media tools, trends and applications, and appropriately test and apply that knowledge to increase the user base and engagement of social media
- Partner with internal departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensure consistency of messages across multiple networks, assists in preparing reports to update internal team on usage statistics and continuing monitoring and engagement on all sites
- Creates invitations, programs, graphics, art work and unique promotional materials as needed for the department
- Coordinates familiarization (FAM) tours with visiting media
- Conduct blogger outreach, including researching relevant bloggers and creating lists
- Photographs or records for use in publications, web content, and social media; uses software to edit photos and videos for digital library
- Assists with special events
- Maintain registration and upkeep of department-run websites
- Intern supervision and delegation of intern tasks
- Works with marketing agency on producing and curating specific content for web, social, ads, pitches, etc.
- Assists with supervising external social media & blogging contractor
- Recruit and supervise qualified interns
- Commit to fostering the ACVB TEAM first environment and our culture, by following our core values: we own it (commitment), we lead (Strategic), we win (Results-Driven) and we celebrate (Passionate).
- Participates in brainstorming sessions for the creation of TV, promotion concepts and social strategy
- Manages and acts as primary contact day-to-day for social media platforms (includes weekends) such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance across all electronic media
- Builds and maintains the Arlington CVB brand across social media platforms: increasing engagement, acquiring followers, conducting promotions, managing paid advertisements, etc.
- Play key role in social media monitoring and reporting: use third-party software and manual methods to monitor social media conversations on a variety of channels; create client reports based on monitoring findings, including using third-party social media monitoring software to do so Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of freelance contract employees on new and on-going projects
COMPUTER RELATED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenario
- Basic HTML and CSS are a plus
- Experience in digital ad buys
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with PR software platforms such as Cision are preferred
- Experience with Simpleview CRM and CMS are a plus
- Required software skills include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as requests from the media, maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to compose and edit routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Spanish desirable but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of AP style
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience in communications, journalism, new media or marketing.
- ability to read and interpret documents and manuals
- ability to communicate effectively in front of a group of people is required
- a common second language, both in speech and writing, such as Spanish, would be considered a plus
- ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- ability to compute rate and percent
- equipment such as computers and calculator are provided
- ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possession of a valid Texas Operator's License, Class C. Travel is minimal and local - rarely be overnight unless an opportunity occurs for educational opportunities out of the general region.
An occasional event / festival might require the applicant’s assistance in the evening at the festival. Requirements will be different for each festival, but will be discussed at time of to determine their ability to work.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be needed to lift or move up to 25 lbs
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate in most cases
Equal Opportunity Employer