We are all doing our part to resist the spread of COVID-19, and a big part of that is social distancing and self-care. But there are still plenty of ways to have fun and be healthy in Arlington. Here are some ideas:
- Support local restaurants - The ACVB has compiled this list of restaurants that are offering curbside and takeout from some of your favorite local diners and pubs. Try a new place or support one of your favorites. Either way, leave the cooking to them tonight AND support our local businesses as we all weather this together!
- Buy gift cards - Support local businesses by purchasing gift cards. This will go a long way to see your favorite stores and restaurants through hard times, and it will help keep money flowing into the local economy. Call or go online to your favorite store and see if they offer buy by phone, or online gift card ordering.
- Get outside – Tired of being in the house? Make sure you are still practicing social distancing by staying 6 feet apart from others, but grab your sunscreen and bottled water and get moving. Nothing shakes away boredom and reconnects you with nature like a walk, jog or run. And best of all, Arlington makes it easy to soak up the Vitamin D with so many beautiful parks and outdoor offerings. Look no further than a thousand-plus acres of wooded trails and shady spots in River Legacy Park. It is bustling with wildlife, and migratory birds, so break out your birdwatching book and take the kids for an educational stroll; or explore River Legacy from the comfort of your home during a new video series. Don’t forget about fido! Take you furry friend to the Tails-N-Trails Dog Park; or enjoy a good book and picnic lunch near Lake Arlington.
- Keep reading - Don’t cancel your book club! Regroup with your peeps for a fun online discussion so you can maintain your connections with friends. The Arlington public library offers a variety of entertaining and educational audiobooks and digital content ...all free for members.
- Share your Arlington photos - Whether Arlington is your home or your favorite getaway, we’d love to connect with you. Take a moment to review your photos from Arlington. Maybe it was a selfie with the Christkindl Angel? Maybe it was your 8 seconds of glory on the mechanical bull at PBR? Share your memories on your own social channels and in community at #arlingtontx and #aworldofwonderful.
- Stay informed – Keep up with the latest news and information on Coronavirus in Arlington and Tarrant County.
- Kindness isn’t cancelled - Make sure to smile and wave at your neighbor! Or pitch in to help an aging friend who is unable to run important errands like going to the grocery store. We are all in this together, so be a generous member of your community.
- Stay strong – physically and mentally. Try to embrace more naps and stay hydrated. During down time, find healthy recipes and dig out those vitamins and probiotics. Get exercise and try to limit stress as much as possible.