The term “Concours d’Elegance” means ‘contest of elegance’ and dates back to the 17th century when the French aristocracy would meet in the parks of Paris during summer weekends and parade in their horse-drawn carriages, each decorated more elegant than the next! Over time, carriages became horseless and the gatherings became competitions among automobile owners.
The Concours d'Elegance of Texas, now in its 6th year – with its new home in the heart of Arlington’s Entertainment District - is one of the largest vintage motoring and luxury lifestyle events in the state. Its mission is to showcase the finest examples of automotive art and engineering in an elegant setting, and the entire weekend supports three wonderful charitable organizations. It’s a weekend experience dedicated to striking and unusual vehicles, fine dining, and renewing old friendships - all served up with old-fashioned Texas hospitality.
Concours d'Elegance of Texas will be held the weekend of April 21-23, 2017 at the Richard Greene Linear Park and the Arlington Convention Center. Events throughout the weekend Include:
Friday, April 21:
- Texas Tour d’Elegance presented by Six Flags Over Texas - A motoring tour departing from Globe Life Park in Arlington. This police escorted tour will take in the sites, history and beauty of Tarrant County, which includes: Globe Life Park in Arlington, Top O’Hill Terrace, Fort Worth Stockyards, River Legacy Park and Six Flags Over Texas.
- The Monical Collection Auction – Arlington Convention Center – Worldwide Auctioneers present this exceptional collection of cars Friday afternoon, prior to the evening’s reception. Advance bidder registration available via www.WorldWideAuctioneers.com or 800-990-6789.
- The Texas Classic Auction Preview & Cocktail Reception – Arlington Convention Center – Enjoy cocktails and light fare as the Concours d’Elegance of Texas kicks off with an exclusive preview of the great motorcars lined up for Saturday’s Texas Classic Auction.
Saturday, April 22:
- The Texas Classic Auction presented by Worldwide Auctioneers – Arlington Convention Center – An exclusive offering of world-class motorcars will cross the auction block at Worldwide’s 16th annual The Texas Classic Auction.
- Cowboys & Cars Charity Event – Richard Greene Linear Park – Open to all Concours and Auction participants and their families. Meet fellow automotive enthusiasts and enjoy live music in an informal and uniquely Texas celebration under the Texas stars. Silent and live auction items will be available with proceeds benefiting COT charities.
Sunday, April 23:
- Concours d’Elegance of Texas – Richard Greene Linear Park – Open to the public event, highly recommended for spectators of all ages featuring a world-class gathering of selected vintage motorcars in a glorious lakeside setting overlooking the Caelum Moor Sculptures.
Best of all, the Concours d'Elegance of Texas is a 501(c)3 non-profit that supports Make-A-Wish® North Texas, Arlington’s River Legacy Foundation, Holy Angels Residential Facility, and Next Gen Education Program as its primary charities. In fact, the Concours d’Elegance of Texas has raised almost $2 million for charity since 2011.
For tickets and more information, visit www.ConcoursofTexas.org.