Weekend warriors unite, it’s time to do our happy dance. Arlington is busting at the seams with a wide range of fun things to do this sunny and exciting weekend:
- Texas Rangers home games this weekend – The Rangers Nation have upgraded their status to RED OUT! After a complete sweep of the Houston Astros, the Rangers are first place in the AL West. And we take on the Seattle Mariners this weekend. This is an exciting race to the postseason, and you don’t want to miss a minute of the action, baseball fans. Score your tickets to a game or a ballpark tour now.
- Arlington Museum of Art’s exhibit, Rock & Roll Wall of Fame, ongoing until October 18 – Art and rock n’ roll….two of my favorite things in the same room? Yes please
! See iconic scenes from the frenzied, powerful world of music on display as part of three exhibitions – Rock and Roll Billboards from the Sunset Strip, Backstage Pass: Baron Wolman and the Early Years of Rolling Stone and Austin Blues. This is a music-lover bucket list item.
- Ecofest, September 19 – I don’t mind telling you that I am a card-carrying member of the Tree Hugger Club. Truthfully there is no official card, but you get my drift. The seventh annual Ecofest Arlington will take over the streets of Downtown Arlington from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. This free, family-oriented event will take place at Founders Plaza, 100 W. Abram Street. Starting at 10 am, 2,000 FREE trees will be available at Ecofest on a first come first serve basis!
- Levitt Pavilion live outdoor concerts, this weekend – Bring your blanket and your favorite peeps to enjoy live music under the stars at Downtown Arlington’s Levitt Pavilion. This weekend: TONIGHT! The Killdares/18th - The perfect blend of rock, pop and Celtic; The Chris Watson Band/19th – Groove out to the larger-than-life guitar hero, Chris Watson; Somebody's Darling/19th - Roots rock served with Southern hospitality
- Theatre Arlington presents “Hello Dolly” – If you’re already singing the song in your head, you’re in good company. This musical features some of the catchiest songs ever: It Only Takes a Moment, Ribbons Down My Back, Elegance, Before the Parade Passes By and of course….Hello, Dolly! Tickets are available for shows this weekend and additional performances through October 4.
- Roller Coaster Race @ Six Flags Over Texas (10K/5K), September 20 – Run or walk your way through world-famous coasters for a 10K or 5K. Or if you’re anything like me, pretend like you are running FROM the coasters instead? Either way, aim for age group awards, cash prizes, and refreshments after the race. Not a runner? Enter our original Roller Coaster Ride event that tracks your coaster rides as you try for a total distance of 5K! Still time to register.
- Lone Star Conference, September 19 - The Lone Star Conference (LSC) - founded on April 25, 1931 – is a nine-member NCAA Division II football league that spans three states (Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico). Their football festival kicks off at AT&T Stadium for the fifth straight year, boasting three games on Saturday. Good luck to all the amazing athletes!