August 15 is National Relaxation Day, and it is the perfect time to hone your life skills in the following areas: sleeping, napping, lounging and vegging. What a great day!
We live increasingly hectic lives, and our gadgets and phones make us even more plugged into interruptions. Who doesn’t want to kick the hustle bustle to the curb for 24 hours? For those us with a demanding schedule, Relaxation Day is a well-deserved break. So when life hands you lemons, plan to add ice and sugar, then pour a refreshing glass of lemonade!
Top Ten ideas for enjoying National Relaxation Day:
- Go to a Spa – Don’t neglect your toes or tense shoulders. Arlington has plenty of spa retreats, like one of my favorites, Sanford House Inn & Spa.
- Go fishing – If your neighborhood doesn’t have a fishing hole, how about a trip out to Lake Arlington to watch a sunset and catch your dinner?
- Play a round of golf – If you are one of the fortunate few that has mastered the sport of golf, nothing looks finer than your skillful swing on a gorgeous green. Check out some of Arlington’s best golf destinations now. If however, your game “still needs some work,” see #7.
- Take a bubble bath – Your bathtub is calling, so grab your half-finished book and let Calgon take you away.
- Light gardening (no heavy duty work, though) – Those dusty, empty pots in your garage will be so gorgeous with flowers in them! And that is the gift that keeps on giving. Check out Calloway’s Nursery or another Arlington gardening store for great recommendations on what will grow best around your home.
- Have a picnic in the park – River Legacy Park is a perfect place to stretch out on a blanket with your favorite eats, birdwatch, and relax. Don’t forget your four-legged fur baby!
- Take a nap – When was the last time you cat-napped your way through the day? This is your opportunity, my friends!