TSLF Executive Administrative Assistant
To Apply: Send your resume to HR at email@example.com with subject line TSLF Executive Administrative Assistant Employment
The Executive Administrative Assistant performs a variety of highly responsible, confidential, and complex administrative duties in support of the Travel & Sports Legacy Foundation’s Executive Director and the Board of Directors. Creates and reviews meeting agendas, minutes, reports, and materials for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with TSLF established policies and procedures. Responsible for the maintenance, storage, and retrieval of official TSLF documents. Provides professional communication to the TSLF Executive Director, Board of Directors, Donors, and Supporters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the Executive Director, Board President, board members, donors, supporters, and public.
- Performs duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists Executive Director and Board President with submission of board meeting agenda items; ensures submission of items before deadlines in an appropriate format.
- Reviews board reports and supporting documents for accuracy and consistency with established organizational standards.
- Assists with coordination, assembly, and distribution of meeting agenda packets; duplicates and collates agenda packets and binders.
- Attends board meetings and takes official minutes of the board and committee meetings; transcribes and prepares minutes and notices in a timely manner.
- Responsible for recording, maintenance, and retrieval of official Board records.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive matters and materials such as files, records, or conversations pertaining to personnel, board, accounting, partnership, or other sensitive issues.
- Must use independent judgment when researching issues, responding to requests for information and handling of complaints from the public; refers requests or complaints to appropriate persons (Executive Director and/or Board President), and legal counsel prior to release of information.
- Gathers information and compiles the foundation’s annual report detailing work that has been accomplished to meet the Board’s goals.
- Submits invoices for payment to the Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau (ACVB) Finance Department. Works closely with Finance Department to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains a variety of database systems by correctly and promptly entering information to the systems including donor information. Understands and can apply appropriate procedures to use the database systems to respond to requests for reports and information.
- Creates reports, letters, memoranda, spreadsheets, and statistical charts from rough drafts, verbal instruction or electronic meetings recordings. Reviews drafts for punctuation, spelling, and grammar and suggests/makes corrections to drafts.
- Coordinates the Executive Director’s activities by maintaining a current calendar- scheduling and organizing meetings.
- Consistently demonstrates positive, interpersonal relations with all constituencies; cooperates harmoniously with others in the accomplishment of the TSLF’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
- Knowledgeable in corporate practices and principles, including structure, chain of command, communication, and confidentiality.
- Familiar with budgeting, purchasing, expense allocation and contracting.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with staff, board of directors, visitors, vendors, and public.
- Familiarity with donor software programs, email marketing services, and survey platforms is a plus.
- Ability to work remotely as needed.
- Have a strong grasp of the English language and proper grammatical usage as well as identifying and correcting errors in grammar and arithmetic calculations in a variety of documents.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment in accomplishing workload priorities and in contact with staff, board, and members of the public in routine, emergency, or emotional situations.
- Remain flexible and be able to adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant. Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience with a Board of Directors, knowledge and understanding of Robert’s Rules, quorums, and development of agendas.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE SKILLS:
Must have Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft EXCEL.
- Good knowledge of filing systems and records management.
- Excellent knowledge of office principles and practices.
- Excellent written skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, good organizational and critical thinking skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and timelines.
- Effectively communicate with individuals and groups from inside and outside of the foundation.
- Ability to handle confidential or difficult assignments with discretion and efficiency.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and can work independently.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the hospitality industry. Must be available to work up to 20 hours/week.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel objects or files and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Must be able to travel as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer