Dottie Lynn Recreation Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to meet the recreation needs of Arlington residents and visitors. In 1995, the facility underwent extensive remodeling and is one of the best equipped recreation centers in the Arlington parks system. The center offers a diverse selection of classes for all ages ranging from arts and crafts to fitness and sports. Additionally, the center is open for reservation during and after business hours. Center rooms, including the gymnasium and multi-purpose area, may be rented for private parties, sporting events, meetings or banquets. Dottie Lynn, located at 3200 Norwood Lane, is open six days a week for class instruction and walk-in use. A fully equipped weight room is also available for a small monthly fee. Contact the center staff for more information on the facilities and current programs. Dottie Lynn Recreation Center sits in an 11 acre park that features a playground, picnic area, basketball court, tennis courts and swimming pool. Facility cards are required for ages 2 and up.
- 1,400 square foot multi-purpose room used for gymnastics, crafts, dance, aerobics and various center activities.
- 800 square foot fitness room overlooking the gymnasium and featuring Nautilus weight machines, Stairmasters, treadmills, new elliptical equipment and stationary bikes. Personal trainers also available.
- Large gymnasium with six basketball goals that can be converted into one volleyball court.
- Complete men’s and women’s locker rooms with shower facilities.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator and ice machine.
- Professionally trained staff to assist with information and programs.
- Babysitting is available at specific hours.
Hours of Operation :
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.