Elzie Odom Athletic Center
- Address: City of Arlington Parks & Recreation Arlington, TX 76019
- Phone: (817) 462-3700
- Category: Things To Do
- Sub-Category: Sports & Recreations
Located along the Trinity River, the Elzie Odom Athletic Center is a multi-purpose facility designed to meet the athletic and recreational needs of Arlington residents and visitors. Opened in April 1999, the center offers a wide selection of classes from arts and crafts and sports leagues including fitness. Additionally, the center is open for reservations during and after business hours. Center rooms including the two gymnasiums and sports arena, may be rented for private parties, sporting events, meetings or banquets. Elzie Odom is a 60,000 square foot facility located at 1601 N.E. Green Oaks and is open seven days a week for sports leagues, class instruction and walk-in use. A fully equipped weight room is also available for a small monthly fee. The center is located next to River Legacy Parks East which features picnic tables, playground, bike & hike trails and a practice field. For center hours of operation and current programs, please call Elzie Odom Athletic Center at 817-459-6434. Facility cards are required for ages 2 and up.
- Three multi-purpose rooms used for martial arts, gymnastics, aerobics, and various sports classes.
- Two 6,660 square foot gymnasiums with six basketball goals and two volleyball courts in each.
- Fitness room with Nautilus weight machines, elliptical trainers, plate loaded equipment, Stairmasters, treadmills, stationary bikes, free weights and squat racks. Personal trainers are also available.
- Rock climbing wall for classes, private instruction, and rental.
- Sports arena for classes, open skate night, family skate night, in-line hockey leagues, indoor soccer, skating and hockey lessons and rentals.
- Complete men’s and women’s locker rooms with shower facilities.
- Professional staff to assist with information and equipment check out.
- Babysitting is available at specific hours.
Are you having a family reunion in Arlington? Does your church outing need a gymnasium, or would you like to treat your teenager and his/her friends to a party? How about an employee training session, organizational meeting, baby shower or birthday party? Elzie Odom Athletic Center is available for all types of reservations.
Rooms may be rented seven days a week during business hours when center activities are not scheduled, and after business hours, including overnight reservations Monday through Sunday.
- Two Gymnasiums (half or full court): Each full court has hardwood flooring, six basketball goals, two volleyball standards and carpeted seating area.
- Four Multi-purpose rooms: Rooms vary in seating capacity up to 100.
- Overnight rentals: Available Monday through Sunday evenings. Hours vary. Maximum 400 people.
- Corporate rates available
Hours of Operation :
Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.