Spring!! Ready to shake off the cold weather, leave the to-do list at home and escape to big fun and relaxation? We are, too! When the calendar hits March, we feel like kids again…it’s spring break in Texas, and we couldn’t be more excited. I’m sure you already have a few ideas on how to enjoy that beloved time: lazy mornings, a dip in the pool, savoring time away from the ordinary. Here are some hot tips for social distancers, staycationers, last minute planners, and anyone else who needs to getaway. Best of all, the Arlington CVB offers discounted lodging and ticket options online, so let’s get started:
• The American Rodeo, March 6-7 – Cowboy up for the richest weekend in western sports. The riders will compete for $2.3 million in prize money.
• Six Flags Over Texas – Enjoy world-class thrill rides and family rides, plus live shows and Pink Things at this beloved family tradition for more than 50 years! Check out live music, Six Flags Karaoke, and Spring Break Lip Sync Challenge.
• International Bowling Museum & Hall of Fame – We don’t just love bowling for the funky shoes. Gain a new appreciation for the world’s number one participatory sport through interactive fun and world-class exhibits.
• Golf Center of Arlington – Go green! Enjoy a leisurely day of miniature golf, plus a high-tech driving range. They also have the #1 Toptracer Range in Texas! What is that, you ask?! This technology will let you “play” on famous courses without all the airline tickets.
• Ballpark and Stadium Tours – Even if you aren’t a football or baseball fan, you’ll love touring both of our world-class stadiums. Globe Life Field just opened in 2020, so you can be one of the first to see it up close!
$2 Off Globe Life Field Tours >
• Arlington rocks <plays air guitar>. No, no, not that kind of rocks. Arlington Rocks is a grassroots Facebook group that encourages local residents to paint rocks and place them in the 85 parks located in Arlington. Play hide and seek with these little treasures as you clock some steps and enjoy the sunshine! Feel free to share on your social media, but please re-hide the rocks again for others to find and enjoy!
• Alley Cats Entertainment Center - A little friendly competition is fun, so grab your favorite peeps for bowling, putt-putt golf, arcade games, batting cages, rock climbing and laser tag—plus a restaurant and bar.
Hot deal on passes and Fun Cards for Spring Break >
• ICE At The Parks - Channel your inner Tara Lipinski on a full size regulation NHL-sized hockey rink. Will you attempt the triple lutz, triple toe? Perhaps not, but you’ll still have a blast! Save time for shopping afterwards at The Parks Mall at Arlington.
• K1 Speed - Zoom over to one of the best indoor go-kart race tracks in DFW! Kick it in gear with an all-electric go-kart that boasts an advanced timing system that measures lap times up to a hundredth of a second.
• Grapevine Vintage Railroad – Take it back to the old school (and I mean like 19th century)! This vintage excursion train is 27-miles of historic, open air fun that is perfect for all ages.
$3 Off Train Rides >
• Legoland Discovery Center / Sealife Aquarium – Twice the fun for less cash! Get the ultimate LEGO experience, or take the “Behind the Scenes Tour” to discover the top of the ocean tank and get a closer look at the animals who call it home. $5 Off Admission or Buy One Adult, Get One Adult >
• Louis Tussaud's Palace of Wax & Ripley's Believe It or Not! - This popular DFW attraction is equal parts eye-popping and interactive, so it’s time to get a little weird! I mean where else can you get a selfie with a (wax) President, see a shrunken human head and wiggle your way out of a laser race? NOTE: extended hours during spring break.
$3 Off Any Combination Ticket >
• Virtual Spring Break Art Extravaganza at the Kimbell Art Museum, March 15–19 - This is a week-long virtual celebration of music, art, storytelling, movement, and more! Each day features art-making guides, live programming, and engaging videos from artists and performers. Sign up for free art kits (while supplies last).
• Sanford House Inn & Spa - Adults need spring break too, so make a plan with your sweetie (or with yourself) to retreat from the hustle bustle to unwind and reconnect at this charming boutique hotel with a luxury spa and top-notch restaurant. Day and overnight packages available.
• Theatre Arlington Spring Break Camp, March 15-19 – All the world is a stage, so why not turn your spring break into one? Kids ages 6 through 14 are welcome to join the on-stage fun
Register now >
• The Trinity Trails Geocaching Adventure - Discover historically-significant locations, hidden gems, and great selfie spots along the banks of the Trinity River. This free activity is perfect for families, geocaching newbies and seasoned “cachers” alike.
Print a Challenge Passport to play.
• Urban Air - Put some “spring” in your homework break at this 25,000 square foot trampoline park. Voted BEST Gym In America for Kids by Shape Magazine, so you know it’s legit!
• Traders Village Kids Fest, March 13-14 – Spring Break gets even merrier with performers from the Scarborough Renaissance Festival and a magician. And don’t miss Professor Brainius’ high energy show. Admission is FREE and parking is just $5.
• The Dallas Zoo – The animals await at this 106-acre oasis that is home to more than 2,000 animals, the mini train and the endangered species carousel.
More fun for less cash? Who doesn’t want that? Lucky for you, we can offer up to $200 in savings sent directly to your phone through text. Get your coupon fix now!