I love to dine out. There, I said it.
Don’t get me wrong, home-cooked meals are always a treat, but there is nothing quite like an evening out with friends and family, savoring a brisk conversation, excellent table service and unique food. Best of all, it’s all for a good cause AND someone else gets to do all the dishes afterwards!
Because of this, DFW Restaurant Week presented by Central Market is a Farrimond household tradition. And one that we take quite seriously. So when my fingers get that annual twitch in late July, I know it’s time to Google “DFW Restaurant Week” to map out my foodie strategy at new restaurants that we want to try OR tried and true favorites that we love to support.
This year, four of my favorite Arlington alumni are returning to the 2015 RW ranks, but with all-new offerings that I am already salivating for. After reviewing their menus, here are my top pics for RW in Arlington:
restaurant506 (August 12-15, 19-22)
One look, one taste and you’ll know why this charmingly intimate restaurant, located in the romantic Sanford House Inn & Spa, was winner of Diner’s Choice 2015 for OpenTable. After a side trip to their spa, my picks from their RW menu will be:
- Appetizer, Crispy Fried Quail Legs with Corn Relish
- Entrée, Half-Brick Chicken with Jalapeno Apricot Glaze
- Additional side of their Seafood Risotto (well-worth the extra charge!)
- Dessert, House Made Brownie with ice cream
Melting Pot in Arlington Highlands (August 10-30) – Beware of the “Fondue Effect” for once it melts your willpower, you can’t resist their award-winning line-up of drizzly deliciousness. My picks from their RW menu will be:
- Appetizer, Creamy Tomato Cheddar Cheese Fondue served with rustic breads, fresh vegetables, and crisp green apples for dipping
- Entree, BBQ Pork Tenderloin served with Red Bliss Potatoes, white mushroom caps, broccoli florets signature dipping sauces.
- Dessert, Cookies & Cream Marshmallow Dream Chocolate Fondue served with fresh strawberries, bananas, pound cake, brownie, crispy rice treat, pecan bar bites, Oreo and graham cracker coated marshmallows, and more …disclaimer, I may eat dessert first (don’t judge me)
Piccolo Mondo (August 10-16)
Zagat doesn’t call this "One of the Top 10 for Food in the Fort Worth area" for nothing! Best of all, you’ll enjoy your evening to the sweet tunes of Frank Sinatra, Celine Dion and more. Their amazing live pianist plays standards, contemporary love songs and other crowd favorites. My picks from their RW menu will be:
- Appetizer, Escargot alla Romana with crushed red peppers, fresh mint and fresh tomato sauce
- Entree, Angel Hair Alla Pescatora with fresh clams, shrimp, calamari and fresh tomato sauce
- Dessert, Tiramisu (When in Rome!)